The staff at our Dubuque area Ford service center can't stress the importance of routine maintenance enough! Staying on top of things helps to ensure that your car's various parts and components are all in working order.
Keeping an eye on the condition of your battery is particularly important. The battery in your vehicle supplies the necessary current to the starter motor and the ignition system while cranking to start the engine. If your battery is outdated or isn't charging properly, you could find yourself stuck!
Checking that your battery terminals are clean and the connections are snug is a good place to start. Batteries don't always give warning signs before they fail; if your battery is over three years old, then the team at Victory Ford suggests replacing it before things have a chance to go wrong.
To have your battery and charging system checked for your peace of mind, don't hesitate to call (563) 213-5961 to schedule an appointment today!
- Get onto US-151 S/US-52 S/US-61 S
- Turn right onto IA-946 S
- Turn left onto Locust St
- Turn right onto US-20 W/Dodge St
- Turn right onto Wuchter Rd
- Turn left onto Olde Hawkeye Rd
- Victory Ford will be on your left!
"I have always heard good things about the dealership and, I have to say, they did not disappoint. I will definitely come back for service and my future vehicle needs." - Tom & Joni K.
"I was made to feel as if I was their only customer. Customer service is the #1 priority of Victory Ford and it shows! I would highly recommend Victory Ford." - Kelly
How to Jump Start a Car
If your car won't start and you suspect that your battery is the problem, it's time to break out those jumper cables.
- Find a vehicle to help you with the jump
- Make sure that both cars are in "park" or "neutral" with their ignitions shut off and emergency brakes on
- Remove the caps from each vehicle's battery and connect the cables
- Attach one of the red clips to the positive terminal on your battery and attach the other red clip to the positive terminal on the other vehicle's battery
- Attach one of the black clips to the negative terminal on the other car's battery and attach the other black clip to an unpainted, metal surface on your car - make sure that it isn't near the carburetor or the battery
- Try starting your vehicle
If your vehicle starts, thank the person for helping you and hit the road! If you go through all of these steps and your vehicle still won't start, it's time to purchase a new battery.
The Ford service experts at our Dubuque area service center are happy to handle your battery installation! For more information about the battery in your vehicle or to schedule a service appointment with us, drop by Victory Ford or call our team directly at (563) 213-5961.